Yes! I want to join the Our Living Waters Network.
We are reaching for inspiring results and we know that no one can achieve them on their own.
As a values-based Network, there are four pledges we ask you to adhere to when you become an OLW Network member:
- You support the ambitious goal of all waters in Canada in good healthy by 2030.
- You believe we can only achieve it by working together.
- You acknowledge the interconnected sacredness of water.
Your work aligns with Indigenous sovereignty efforts, especially:
- The Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada’s calls to actions on reaffirming nation-to-nation relationships with Indigenous lands and peoples (see e.g., #45, 47).
- The United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples’ articles that uphold Indigenous rights in decision-making and relationships to their lands, territories and resources (See e.g., Articles 18-19; 25-29; 31-32).
At OLW, we provide you many opportunities to take part in collective action; however, the level of engagement for any member will always be your decision.
The Our Living Waters Network is primarily geared towards organizational or group members. By including your organization in the join form, we will list your name publicly as a member. If you do NOT wish to be publicly listed, please let us know. Our default (and we hope yours) is to celebrate membership and engagement in our work together!
It’s our job to amplify your efforts… to give you more information to work with, more contacts to collaborate with, and more opportunities to take collective action. We’re here for you when you need it!
Here are the benefits of becoming a Network member:
- Members learn from each other, increase their peer-to-peer network, take advantage of partnerships, and amplify their own organization’s efforts through collective support.
- Members help set priorities and take action through annual surveys and participation in Teams.
- Through OLW Teams, members benefit from effective collaboration, including facilitation, coordination, and even supportive funding!
- Through triannual Member Meetups, monthly e-news, and a healthy collection of inspiring stories and publications, members have access to information that makes their work that much more impactful. And all of this is available in both official languages!
- Actions of the OLW Network are informed by insightful metrics. The OLW Network maintains a Shared Measurement System that clarifies how our actions are aligned, can be scaled up, and whether our collective actions are making a difference.
- Did we mention it’s free?